The combination of hemp oil with a CBD-rich extract (cannabidiol) is well known to be relaxing and anti-inflammatory.
The properties of cannabidiol (CBD) make it an innovative and valuable ingredient in cosmetics. Cannabidiol is well soluble in fatty cream bases for the care of dry, irritated skin as well as the treatment of oily skin.
- Nourishes and protects sensitive skin
- Antioxidant effect with radical scavenging properties
- May alleviate excessive immune responses
- Mild for inflamed skin, pruritus, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis
- May reduce excessive sebum production, e.g. in acne or oily skin/oily hair
- Penetrates deep into the skin
- Highly anti-inflammatory
Hemp oil is obtained by cold pressing the seeds of the plant to preserve all its properties. This oil provides the skin with softness, elasticity, radiance, and strength. It rehydrates the skin by depositing a greasy film on the epidermis and soothes irritated skin, among many of its properties.
Properties of hemp oil:
- Moisturization strengthens and repairs.
- Rich in mineral salts and essential fatty acids omega-6 and omega-3, necessary for good skin health.
- The high content of gamma-linoleic acid or GLA
- Suitable for all skin types
- The high content of antioxidants that fights against free radicals is responsible for the deterioration of skin damaged by daily stress.
- Contains essential vitamins for the skin, especially vitamin E, which helps increase blood flow and restructures the epidermis.
- Highly penetrating properties on the skin, it is absorbed in a few minutes and is ideal for massages.
- Does not contain THC
Possible medical and therapeutic effects of cannabidiol (CBD):
These are currently being intensively investigated. There are early indications, mainly from laboratory tests, that cannabidiol could counteract various chronic inflammatory diseases of the skin or gastrointestinal tract, various autoimmune diseases, conclusive disorders such as some rare and severe forms of epilepsy, and certain types of cancer, as well as psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia. it will be interesting to see which of these indications can be confirmed in human clinical trials.
One thing is already clear: cannabidiol is a highly tolerated natural plant substance with multiple beneficial effects for the human body, both for internal and external use.
The effect of cannabinoids such as cannabidiol CBD on the human body is attributed to the fact that our body produces its own receptors called endocannabinoids.
These endocannabinoids regulate a large number of processes in our bodies. Both in the central nervous system and in organs such as the skin or the gastrointestinal tract. The key role of the endocannabinoid system is to maintain or restore homeostasis, a healthy balance of various bodily functions. Cannabinoids such as cannabidiol CBD can support the positive effect of these endocannabinoid receptors in a useful way.
Other substances with similar effects on human cannabinoid receptors have been found in other plant species.
For example, beta-caryophyllene influences one of the cannabinoid receptors in cell membranes called the CB2 receptor. This substance is found in many species, such as basil, rosemary, cinnamon, oregano, cumin, and pepper. The CB2 receptor is found among others particularly common in the human gastrointestinal tract. Cannabidiol has an effect on the CB2 receptor as well.
Even cocoa powder and dark chocolate contain – albeit only trace amounts – substances that have an effect on our cannabinoid receptors.
Naturally occurring cannabinoids such as cannabidiol are composed of terpene and phenol from a chemical point of view. This explains their excellent fat solubility and good antioxidant properties. Since both terpenes and phenols are lipophilic and polyunsaturated.
If you want to find great information about cbd balms, come and visit their page for more info.